Monday, May 3, 2010

My Uniqueness

I’m finding that I think differently than a lot of people. At least the people I’m around. I’m a Zoology major. I’m a Christian. I’m a woman. But in many of these spheres, my opinions differ from the majority.


I don’t oppose primate research in all circumstances. And I think many animal rights activists are rigid in their beliefs and are emotional.


I think cruelty to animals hurts us, too. Maybe our species more than theirs. I’m probably slightly speciesist.


Vegetarianism: as of yet, I support it more for the health benefits than for the ethical concerns. I don’t think it achieves the goal of more humane treatment of the animals we consume.


I’m an evolutionist. And I also know that God is Creator. I do not believe these two ideas are fundamentally different.


If you try to comfort me with a cliche, it’s no comfort at all. Even if it’s Truth.


I believe that wives are to submit to husbands and husbands are to love their wives. I also believe that we misunderstand what this means, and that misunderstanding in and of itself is what pisses us off.


I think God created male and female roles perfectly. But we try to create equality by being each other. It doesn’t work very well.


I agree that knowledge is power, but I also believe that it can imprison us. I don’t want to go to grad school. I want to be a mom. And I want to stay home with my kids. Grey’s Anatomy made me cry this week because Sloan had a baby. LoL.


: )

2 comments:

Emily said...

i love you truly :)

Jamie Arpin-Ricci said...

It is neat to see where your views have shifted over the last few years. Wish we could chat more often!