Monday, November 2, 2009

G'bye for now.

I was just issued a challenge.

I'm taking Library and Information Sciences 201: The Information Society. We're talking about the advancement of technology in social networking, information organizing, etc... We watched a movie in class today about 3 college students who gave up their computers for 5 weeks. By give up I mean everything. One girl even boxed up her computer with duct tape and put it in her closet. Any assignments for class that were online they found ways around. They learned how to use typewriters and to make more phone calls and office visits.

Wow.

So our professor challenged us to do a bit of this for a week. I think it would be too time consuming to figure out other options for things in class, but I will be giving up blogger, facebook, hotmail, youtube - basically anything outside the necessary.

For one week. I'm excited.

I think I've actually been looking for an excuse to log off. To be free. To have more time. To pretend I'm not an addict.

Ok bye.

1 comment:

Michael J. Sielaff said...

I went all throughout college without a computer, cell phone or ipod- something I'm pretty proud of. But now? I use my computer and cell phone, at the least, 4 hours every day and cannot image my current life without it. What have I become? I miss bragging about my minimalism.