Thursday, October 21, 2010

Moyo Yangu

10.21.10


“If God doesn’t exist up here, He doesn’t exist anywhere.”


This is what Jackie said as we reached our destination at the top of Moyo Hill. It’s a hill by our camp that has the most phenomenal view. You can see Lake Manyara, Ngorongoro forest, and plenty of pasture with a few houses. Wow.


Today was the perfect release to a week of stress. We had three reports, a written assignment, two data analyses, a poster, and a presentation due this week. This morning, I finished with a presentation on mammal counts and habitat preference. So this afternoon, a few of us took a hike up Moyo Hill and laid there. Really, that’s what we did. I laid belly down on a rock overlooking all the amazingness. I’ve said it once and I’ll see it again - I wish that you could see it like I do.


Find a beautiful place to breathe in today. Do it.

No comments: