Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A visual glimpse...

Outreach picture time!!

Carolyn and me the day after we arrived.
Waiting for YWAM to pick us up!!

Me and Mike

Big Beetle!!!

Carolyn painted a lot of the kids' faces in Soroti.
So we became tigahs!!

Jas, Me, and Ronald (YWAM Soroti staff)
Ronald was the food guy, so we called him Ronald McDonald.

Julius, Carolyn, and me. Ha!!

This is Ruth. Lindsey and I visited her with Spring of Hope.
I told her to do "R" for "Ruth."
A lot of the alphabet is the same as ASL, but some characters are different.

How friggen' gorgeous is she??

We visited a blind woman in Kangulumira
and this is her neighbor kid.
I don't know his name because I don't speak Luganda!!

The blind woman in her sugar cane field.
She gave us each a large stock.

Here are some of Jas' pictures:

At the Soroti YWAM base
(L to R) Jas, Mike, Me, Carolyn, Crystal, Lindsey, Michelle (hiding!!)

John, Andrew's (YWAM Soroti staff) son

Driving around in the van - Yoga!!

Mmmm...

Solomon, my buddy from the village we stayed at, Osuguru.

Kids at the clinic that we cleaned. Wow!!

This is the hut we ladies stayed in at Osuguru.
Plus, our bathing hut.

On the rock in Soroti!!
Carolyn, Jas, Ronald, Mike, me

Isn't Jas amazing at this?

Alice from Amacet, a children's home we worked at in Soroti.

Some of the babies at Amacet sporting their new gifts from a supporter.

Jas and Me after getting our braids.
Lookin' a little rasta here : )

The gang!! This was one of our first nights in Jinja -
attempting to get a taxi in the bustling city.
Mike, Carolyn, Jas, Me, Crystal

Me + eggs + very busy and crowded market = SUCCESS!!

These were the kids hanging around as we cleaned the new Spring of Hope office.
[The ones who copied everything we did and handed us an unlimited amount of babies : )]

Crystal at a Spring of Hope clinic.
She is amazing with kids.

Waiting for a taxi home!!
There are kids everywhere!!

Getting ice cream in town (Kangulumira - right by Sam's house)
Jas, Crystal, Me, Mike

The infamous Braid Brigade
Lindsey, Me, Jas
(At Kalagala Falls)

Har Har

At Kalagala Falls (preeeeetty...)
Mike, Lindsey, Crystal, Carolyn, Me, Michelle, Jas

Vendors who take advantage of people in taxis : )

I love this picture.
Notice the creepers in the background.

Cute bebe!!


At the Source of the Nile.
Jas, Mike, Michelle, Me, Carolyn, Lindsey, Crystal.


Motorcycle Boda (renamed Moda Boda by us).
Me, Crystal, Mike
We were so close that I pretty much had to cuddle with the driver ha!

Like my 'stache? I guess we were all really jealous of Mike and his facial hair.
My name is not Muzungu!!
Me, Jas, Carolyn, Mike, Lindsey, Crystal, Michelle.

On a more serious note...
Me, Jas, Carolyn, Mike, Lindsey, Michelle, Crystal

At Watoto in Kampala.
So many babies!!

They just crawl all over you : )

JOY!!
These are just some of our pictures. I didn't take very many because I was frustrated by my ancient camera (Thank God for sharing pictures with people who have amazing cameras!!). So probably... more to come once I get everyone's pictures. There may be more I want to show you!!

2 comments:

Poopsie said...

I love the hair; I really want to touch it... is that weird? When are you taking it out?

Oh yeah, awesome pictures.

Joe Federer - Minnesota Photographer said...

The hair!!!

Looks like an awesome trip so far...