Thursday, November 27, 2008

Missing Thanksgiving...

So I got a personal update since my last post. It's been four years since the Invisible Children movie has been made and conditions are better than what I thought. There are no more night commuters (kids walking to the city during the night in order to avoid abduction by the LRA). There has been a cease fire (AWESOME) for two years. A peace treaty may be signed by the rebel group very soon. Big things are being done - but continue to keep the [current and former] child soldiers in your thoughts and prayers. I'm sure life in the midst of and after abduction is not easy in the least.

I finished up The Irresistable Revolution this week. I feel that if I were to explain what I learned with my words, I would only feel discontent. So just get ready for some life changes. Let's see if I can show you some other way...

One thing YWAM Winnipeg recently started doing (a little before DTS) is community dinners. I LOVE them. Every Sunday, we invite people from the community into our home and feed them, talk with them, get to know tham. Friends. Family. Whoever. It's just a good time to meet with people. It's so simple, but so beneficial to me. (Mom!! Just a heads up - I want to do this!!)

Here are some pictures from this last Sunday:

Jas and me - yay dishes!!

Brennie (one of our staff) with his parents John and Delia.
I love it when they come - they are amazing people.
Plus, Delia will beat Brennie up if he picks on me. It's great.

Friends of friends, who brought friends,
who will probably bring friends next week...


Our speaker this week is Randy Parizeau. He came telling us the rumor he's heard (through the grapevine from Chris Whitler, our speaker two weeks ago) about our love for each other. Oh man, that brought us so much encouragement. We feel like a family, so it's affirming to have other people see it in us too!
Randy isn't a "linear speaker" as he says himself. They typically give him a topic which he deviates from. His speaking is just free to go wherever it wants to and I think that's really cool. We've had a lot of discussions that have little to do with what we originally wanted to talk about, but that are so beneficial to us as a group.
Basically, this week rocks. After it's over, I'll tell you more!
Oh and don't forget! www.ywamwinnipeg.ca

No comments: