Thursday, December 3, 2009

PostSecret

I love the PostSecret blog.

PostSecret is a place you can send your secrets and remain anonymous. At first, I thought it was a lame excuse for people to keep things from their friends and family. If you tell PostSecret, your secret's out in the world and you're free from it. So why would anyone else have to know?

But not everyone has someone to tell, and even if they do, their secrets could be met with judgment, shock, rejection, excommunication, disgust ...

So their secrets remain secrets.

Whenever I read this blog, I usually laugh at least once, jaw drop at least once, cover my mouth in shock at least once, and sigh at least once. These secrets are really interesting, and some I can even relate to.

There are so many secrets unleashed in the world thanks to PostSecret, that they've made books to contain them all.

From reading these for a while, I'm convinced that this outlet has saved lives, or at least made people's lives more bearable.

No comments: