Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Kenya.

I'm going to study abroad. In Kenya. Field Study. Next fall. And I'm beyond stoked.

This is perfect.

“The things I miss the most are not the people I’ve met, places I’ve been, or things I’ve done, but rather the memories of specific moments that I was able to step back and appreciate what was around me. In the Maasai Mara it was seeing a leopard at sunset as we headed back to camp. In Nakuru it was when I dished out beans and corn to poor children at a school in the slums or played Frisbee with school children in Kimana. At KBC it was seeing Kilimanjaro everyday, covered in snow or clouds. All of these memories and more have made my experience in Kenya unforgettable and opened my eyes to a whole new way of life.”

Whenever I talk to a study abroad representative or am in an information session, I have to stop myself from screaming. And it takes everything.

KAJDSFLHAWFAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Yeah!

Adventures of Deesa said...

Oh .... my ............. GOODNESS!
Carrie this is so phenominal! I am so proud of you!!! And I think its going to be great! I'm a little jealous! So AWESOME!

Michael J. Sielaff said...

Would you stop going to Africa! There are plenty of other wonderful places to study abroad/visit/serve- like India! Hey, you said you liked sarcasm. Great quote by the way- is that from your journal? I completely agree, although I also do miss the people as well- even if I met them in a certain situation at a certain moment of time. I'm very happy you get the opportunity to study in Kenya! Funny shirt I saw once: "Kenya dig it?"