Sunday, January 18, 2009

One more thing from the village!!

Ah!! I realized yesterday after my post that I forgot a really amazing part of our village stay!! One of the mornings, we cleaned out a medical clinic.

It was crazy.

There were no patients and very few supplies. They had a BUNCH of syringes, but few vaccines and medications. Plus, a lot of very old and unorganized medical records. Oof!! They definitely aren't getting supplied with the things they need. We swept out the entire clinic and then tried our best to organize a stock room (hence, the mass of syringes!!). But we all felt as if we left it unhelped ... Yeah, we blessed them with a cleaner clinic. But who can they help??

I hate seeing things like this. Especially when I'm in a situation of being unable to give them what I want to!!

On a random note...

I want to see a lion. I really do. There are so many stinkin' cows and goats and chickens. They're amusing, but I just really want to see a lion. Sigh.

No comments: